DGITAL Labs understands that the customer’s privacy is important. In respect of the privacy of the Firm’s contacts, personal data will be collected and used only in ways described in this document.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the provided data will be stored and handled fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to employees, contractors, consultants, temporary employees, and all other workers at DGITAL, including all personnel affiliated with third parties who provide personally identifiable information to the Firm.
Information About Us
Anyone providing personal information to DGITAL Labs has the rights according to GDPR:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed by us, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data.
- Right to rectification: In certain cases, you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data, or the completion of incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): In certain cases, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, and we may be obliged to erase such personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing: In certain cases, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. In this case, the respective personal data may be processed only for certain purposes.
- Right to data portability: In certain cases, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without any hindrance from us.
- Right to object: In certain cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, and we may be required to cease the processing of such data.
Personally identifiable information we obtain
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
When contacting DGITAL Labs via e-mail or other communication platform, the following personal information may be requested:
- E-mail address and/or telephone number
- Company name and title
- The reason of contact
Use of your personal data
The purposes for which we use your personal data are:
- for direct marketing purposes to provide services and offers tailored to your requirements;
- to communicate with you (for instance to send you reminder emails, or notifications about any change) (we use for this purpose personal data such as name and contact details);
Legal basis of data processing
The processing of your personal data is based on the following legal basis:
- the processing of your personal data for the purposes listed under section Use of your personal data: points 2 is necessary for the performance of the contract between us, or to perform the pre-contractual steps request by you (under Art. 6 para 1 b) of the GDPR);
- the processing of your personal data for the purposes listed under section Use of your personal data: point 1 is based on your consent (under Art. 6 para 1 a) of the GDPR).
In addition to the above, the legal basis of the processing of your sensitive data is your explicit consent (under Art. 9 para 1 a) of the GDPR).
The provision of your data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested.
In case of the processing of your data based on your consent for direct marketing purposes (including profiling), you are entitled to freely withdraw your consent anytime.
Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
We do not share your personal data with third party marketing or communications agencies.
In some circumstances, we may share your personal data with the below third parties:
- Our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors
- Business partners and sub-contractors
We process your personal data as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In general, the following retention periods would apply:
- except for the data contained in documents necessary for accounting purposes, the data collected for the purposes listed under section Use of your personal data: points 2 will be retained for 5 years following the performance of the contract between us;
- documents necessary for accounting purposes (and the data contained therein) will be stored for 8 years from the closing of the relevant financial year;
- the data collected for the purposes listed under section Use of your personal data: point 2 will be retained until you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.